Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Studying Electrical and Electronic Engineering in Turkey
An overview of the electrical and electronic engineering major:
Electricity has led the development of humanity since the middle of the seventeenth century to the present day, so it is difficult to summarize everything that this specialization is looking at, but we can divide it into two parts.
The first is electron engineering, which is looking at the development of low-voltage systems, communication systems, and voltage systems such as electronic chips,
The second section is electrical engineering, and this specialty is one of the most important engineering specialties in our current and future area, because all the modern devices we use on a daily basis are based on this science, so we cannot operate any electrical device without this science.
The science of electrical and electronic engineering is based on knowledge of the electrical, electromagnetic and electronic properties of materials in order to use them in various industries, practical applications and modern technologies such as the Internet, robots, computers and other modern technology.
This science is concerned with the study of electrical energy, from its generation to obtaining it, to the stability of the electric current. It also deals with the method of designing electrical circuits and their various elements such as transistors, capacitors, resistors, and others.
Advantages of studying electrical and electronic engineering in general and in Türkiye in particular:
Universities in all countries of the world have been interested in electrical and electronic engineering due to its great importance in serving people and humanity and facilitating life. Turkish universities are one of the most interested university in this field, where they have created distinguished scientific programs that focus on expanding students’ knowledge of everything related to the electronic and electrical field.
Turkey is working to qualify students and train them in a practical and intensive way to design machines, devices and electrical circuits in modern and safe laboratories so that graduates can integrate into the labor market quickly and with high efficiency.
Among the advantages of studying electrical and electronic engineering in Türkiye are:
- The presence of laboratories, and modern devices that meet the needs of students in practical training.
- The scientific and research development by Turkey and its universities in the engineering fields.
- Follow the European system in the study, where the electrical engineering major is integrated with electronic engineering
- Availability of many job opportunities for graduates due to the constant need for electrical and electronic engineering specialists
- Training, practical application and practice during the study period with theoretical education
- The possibility of studying this specialty in Turkish or English
- Appropriate cost and tuition fees compared to universities in other countries.
- The strong university certificate, accredited and recognized in most countries of the world
- The low cost of living in Türkiye compared to other countries
- Providing scholarships and university discounts for students
- The high quality of education and the important status of Turkish universities
Duration of studying electrical and electronic engineering in Türkiye:
You can study electrical and electronic engineering in Turkey and obtain a bachelor's degree in it within 4 years distributed over 8 semesters, and an additional year of preparation for language study may be added, if the student does not obtain a language certificate.
Lessons and contents of electrical and electronic engineering major in Türkiye:
We will mention to you a number of the main subjects taught in the electrical and electronic engineering major, bearing in mind that these subjects may differ from one university to another, and among those subjects:
- Introduction to electrical and electronic engineering.
- linear algebra.
- Engineering Mathematics.
- Circle theories.
- Non-technical aspects of engineering.
- differential equations.
- Introduction to digital design.
- Probability and statistics.
- Signals and systems.
- Electromagnetic theory.
- Electromechanical energy conversion.
- Introduction to communication systems.
- Control systems.
The best Turkish universities that study electrical and electronic engineering:
• The best private universities to study electrical and electronic engineering in Türkiye:
- Okan University
- Istinye University
- Istanbul Ayden University
- Altinbas University
- Bahçeşehir University
• Among the public universities that study electrical and electronic engineering in Türkiye:
- Ankara University
- Abdullah Gül University
- Ataturk University
- Erdogan University
- Aksaray University
- Selcuk University
Costs of studying electrical and electronic engineering in Türkiye:
Certainly, tuition fees differ according to the university and its type, but tuition fees in Turkish universities in general are low compared to tuition fees in universities in other countries, and Turkish public universities have low fees compared to Turkish private universities, which are more expensive.
It is worth noting that some universities allow studying this major in English.
- The costs of studying electrical and electronic engineering in public universities in Türkiye:
Tuition fees for electrical and electronic engineering in public universities in Turkey are estimated at about (400 to 1000) US dollars annually.
- The costs of studying electrical and electronic engineering in private universities in Turkey:
Tuition fees for electrical and electronic engineering in private universities in Turkey are estimated at approximately (3000 to 8000) US dollars annually.
Master's degree in electrical and electronic engineering:
The student can study a master’s degree in electrical and electronic engineering in Turkey in English or in Turkish, depending on the university and what it offers, and its fees are about (2800 to 15000) dollars annually.
Electrical and Electronic Engineer Salary:
The salaries of graduates of this specialization start from (8,500) Turkish liras to reach approximately (25,000) Turkish liras per month, and these salaries depend on the number of years of experience of the engineer and the sector in which he works, whether it is private or public.
Areas of work in electrical and electronic engineering:
Graduates of this specialization can work in various jobs and fields and in institutions of both governmental and private types, and the students’ chances of obtaining better jobs increase as their practical experience increases and the level of study increases, and among the centers and jobs in which they can work:
- Work in power plants and generator factories.
- Work in all companies as a programmer.
- Work in companies that manufacture medical devices and equipment.
- Work in companies and factories of electrical tools in all its forms.
- Work in companies and factories of technological devices such as phones and computers.
- Work in electricity and communications institutions.
- Work in the military authorities.
- Work in academic fields, universities and institutes
The required skills that are developed in the study of electrical and electronic engineering:
Students who want to study electrical and electronic engineering must have a number of qualifications and skills that the study will refine and enhance later, so that the student in this major can succeed in his academic and professional life in the best way, and among those qualifications and skills:
- Organizational, project management and leadership skills
- Analytical and design skills
- Teamwork skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Scientific research skills
- Innovation and creativity skills
- communication skills
- Honesty and accuracy in work
- Planning and development skill
- The ability to focusing