Gedik University is one of the most important private universities in Turkey that is interested in vocational training and organizes training workshops with the aim of graduating individuals capable of excellence and success in their careers.
In our article about Gedik University, we will talk about the Istanbul Gedik University Ranking and Gedik University Tuition Fees , in addition to explaining how to apply and register on Gedik University
Brief overview of Gedik University:
Gedik University Istanbul was established in 2010 with the aim of graduating qualified and professionally trained individuals.
Advantages of studying at Gedik University:
1. Gedik University is one of the cheapest private universities in Turkey.
2. It is characterized by its specialized teaching staff , as the university trains individuals who will become part of its teaching staff in the future, which requires that they be highly experienced and follow up on global scientific developments in their specialization.
3. It has a strong infrastructure embodied in its newly equipped scientific laboratories and laboratories.
4. The university cooperates closely with many companies in the industrial and labor sectors, through which it provides its students with opportunities for training and work during the study period.
Disadvantages of studying at Gedik University:
One of the disadvantages of studying at GEDIK University is the lack of medical specialties at the university, as the university is famous for teaching engineering specialization and graduating qualified individuals to enter the labor market thanks to their skills and experience gained through the practical training they received at the university.
Gedik University Application Conditions:
a certified and translated copy of the High school certificate, but in the event that it is not available, it is possible to apply for a certificate of the last semester until receiving the High school certificate, and a certificate of proficiency in the language in which the student will study is required.
Study in English at Gedik University:
GEDIK University provides the possibility of studying in English for the bachelor's degree in some specialization and the 5 most numerous specializations in international students at GEDIK University are Mechatronics Engineering, International Relations, International Trade and Finance, Business Administration, Nursing, and for the Master's degree several specializations are available with and without thesis such as Business Administration, Engineering Management.
Gedik University Tuition Fees:
Gedik University fees for the bachelor majors range between $ 2,500 and $ 3,000, while the study fees for master's majors start from $ 2,800 and reach $ 10,000 for the psychology major, while the tuition fees for doctoral majors are $ 4,700, and these fees are fees without reduction.
You can also see the fees schedule for Istanbul Gedik University programs at the bottom of the page.
Gedik University Ranking:
Gedik University global world ranking is 6610 at the level of international universities, while its local ranking is 142 at the level of Turkish universities.
Location of Gedik University:
The university has 4 campuses, all of which are in Istanbul, but its main campus is located in the Kartal district of Asian Istanbul in an easily accessible location.
Location of the Gedik on the map:
Cumhuriyet, İlkbahar Sk. No:1, 34876 Kartal/İstanbul
International Student Office at Gedik University:
On the campus of Gedik University, there is an international student office, which takes care of the affairs of foreign students in it and provides them with assistance in all their transactions within the university and also cares about the social aspect of these students, so it organizes seminars and events that will help them integrate and make friends, as GEDIK University includes a large number of international students from more than 40 countries around the world.
Study medicine at Gedik University:
Medicine and Dentistry are not available at Gedik University.
Study Engineering at Gedik University:
Gedik University provides its students with many engineering specialization in various branches and specialization in English in addition to the Turkish language, including mechatronics engineering, architecture, interior architecture and environmental design, industrial engineering, civil engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering.
It is worth mentioning that Gedik University believes in the importance of practical training as well as theoretical education, so it has established many training centers and laboratories within its campus with the aim of helping students develop their skills and gain the experience they need in their future careers.
Master's studies at Gedik University:
GEDIK University allows its students to study many programs for master's specializations in English and Turkish with and without a thesis, we mention these specializations:
Business Administration, Engineering Management, International Trade, Physical Education and Sports, Regional Studies in International Relations, Occupational Health and Safety, Political Science and Public Administration, Interior Architecture and Environmental Design in addition to many more specialization that you can find in the Specializations section.
Accreditations and recognitions of Gedik University:
● Gedik University is recognized by the Turkish Higher Education Council.
● The university has obtained the accreditation of teaching engineering specialization in the Faculty of Engineering MUDEK.
● GEDIK University has partnerships with many universities in different countries around the world including Denmark, the United States, China, England, Poland, Macedonia, Greece, Portugal and Italy.
● The university is a member of the Erasmus student exchange program and has many international agreements where its students can participate in the student exchange program at partner universities in America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
Research centers at Gedik University:
● Atatürk Center for Application and Research.
● EU Research and Application Centre.
● Bangladesh Studies Applications and Research Centre.
● Center for Energy Technologies Applications and Research.
● Center for Applications and Research on the Lives of the Disabled.
● Center for Strategic Studies Applications and Research for Southeast Asian Countries.
● Center for Human Rights Applications and Research.
● Center for Women's Entrepreneurship Applications and Research.
● Welding Technologies Application and Research Center.
● Entrepreneurship Applications and Research Center.
● Center for Applications and Research of Innovation of Materials Mining Technologies.
● Architecture, Urbanism and Design Research Center.
● Psychological Counseling Applications and Research Center.
● Robotics Technologies Application and Research Center.
● Sports Science Applications and Research Center.
● Center for Underwater Technologies Applications and Research.
● Continuing Education Center.
● Turkish Language Teaching Applications and Research Center (İGÜN-TOMER)
● Distance Education Applications and Research Center.
Gedik University Laboratories:
1. Mechatronics Lab: With the growing need for trained staff in the field of mechatronics, which is taking its wide place from huge production lines, from home technologies to advanced medical devices, from computer-controlled workbenches to robotics, and from cars to aircraft and railway systems. The Mechatronics Laboratory, which was set up with the aim of responding to this need by a technical staff equipped with the latest information and practical experience, was established so that it offers students competency standards Global in terms of equipment and technology.
2. Physics Laboratory: It was established within the Faculty of Engineering with the aim of establishing students in a strong and sound way, where a total of 20 experiments can be conducted in the subjects of mechanics, hydrostatics, heat, electricity, magnetism and optics.
3. Machine Laboratory: The machinery laboratory in Istanbul Gedik University is equipped so that students can enhance their theoretical knowledge by practice and develop their skills in measurement and evaluation using the latest technologies with the university's keenness to constantly develop the laboratory.
4. Chemistry Laboratory: Istanbul Gedik University has high-quality infrastructure and equipment for applied courses in chemistry and food technology programs, with the latest equipment and chemicals needed for the laboratory.
5. Computer Laboratory: It contains the Department of Visual Communication Design, the Department of Interior Architecture and Design, the Department of Architecture
6. Anesthesia and first aid laboratory.
7. Electrical Electronics Laboratory.
8. Graphic Design Laboratory.
9. Welding laboratory.
Service facilities on the Gedik University campus:
1. Career Counseling Center:
The Center urges students of GEDIK University to participate in the activities of the Orientation and Employment Center in order to achieve the following objectives:
1. Access information about different business areas and their global future.
2. Know the type of competencies that the student should have.
3. Enhance the ability to make the right decision to choose the field of work in which the student can work by helping the student to recognize himself and realize his skills.
4. Identify the characteristics of thequalified staff required in practical life, which helps the student to define his goal easily and realistically.
5. It enables the student to communicate directly with career experts, thus identifying and pursuing job opportunities and training more easily.
6. It enables the student to apply for a job directly by getting to know companies better.
7. Assist graduates and provide them with support and information about professional life.
2. Gender-Based Violence Prevention Unit (CTS ):
It aims to increase the awareness of university administrative staff, contractors, students and faculty members of the importance of gender equality and to report any case of harassment or assault This unit also focuses on the preventive systems necessary to ensure an academic environment free of these cases in order to secure a safe study and work environment, it seeks to provide legal and psychological support to complainants by taking into account the principle of confidentiality As for the most important objectives authorized for the CTS unit, It is to raise awareness about gender equality, and to organize training courses to standardize and assimilate the concept of equality in general.
3. Disabled Students Unit
The Disabled Students Unit at Gedik University was established in 2012 by a decision of the University Council to take the necessary measures to facilitate the educational life of disabled students studying at GEDIK University and to conduct studies in this direction, as the activities of this unit are carried out under the direct supervision of the Office of the President of the University.
This unit aims to provide students with disabilities withequal access to facilities and services at the university and to implement activities that support their development in the field they need, and in order to achieve this, studies are conducted to identify the needs and difficulties of students with disabilities in various fields to meet the identified needs and remove difficulties so that they can complete their academic education in an optimal way by providing a supportive learning environment with good resources that helps them remove restrictions on academic success and develop their self-awareness. Their independence as members of society Through this unit, services are also developed to increase the awareness and awareness ofuniversity employees and students about disability, and to develop positive attitudes towards persons with disabilities.
4. Scientific Research Projects Coordination Authority , which coordinates all scientific projects and activities at the university.
5. Gedik University Dormitory:
There are many housing units that have been contracted by the university and are characterized by their proximity to the campus, which contain rooms with multiple options, a room for one, two people, three people, four people, and the housing also has all the services that students need from food, laundry and ironing, study halls, sports clubs, housekeeping service and secret internet, in addition to the fact that the housing is monitored by cameras 24/7.
For more information about Gedik University housing and registration information, you can visit the following link:
6. University Library:
Istanbul Gedik University opened the first library at Pendik Vocational School in 2010 and the second library at Kartal Campus in 2012.
7. Sports facilities:
GEDIK University is very interested in sports activities, so it has built many sports fields within its campus such as basketball and volleyball courts and tennis courts.
Student clubs at Gedik University:
GEDIK University pays great attention to student activities and urges its students to actively participate in them, as the university has 26 clubs with different activities through which concerts, conferences and all social and cultural activities of interest to students are coordinated from these clubs:
Nutrition and Diet Club, Information Technology Club, Industrial Engineering Club, Erasmus Club, Esports Club, Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Club, Law Club,Civil Engineers Club, Building Technology Club, Metals and Materials Club, Architecture and Environmental Design Club, Chess Club, Drama Club, Social and Sports Activities Club, Career Club, Psychology Club, Medical Imaging Techniques Club, Al Fikr Al Kamali Club, Nursing Club, Health Club and Aviation Club.
Student and summer exchange at Gedik University:
Istanbul Gedik University sends its students to several international and international universities in many countries through international cooperation agreements with several countries such as Poland, Macedonia, Greece, Portugal and Italy and welcomes students from these countries and has agreements with many universities in several other countries such as Denmark, the United States, China and England in the field of cooperation and scientific exchange, giving university students the opportunity to study all over the world.
As a member of the Erasmus student exchange program, Gedik University allows its students to participate in the exchange program for one semester or one academic year at partner universities in America, Europe, Asia and Africa, where the university offers various programs so that students can learn different world languages, especially English, so that they can use these languages effectively in their future academic, social and practical lives.
❖ Summer Exchange Programs:
University students can register in summer schools offered by partner universities in Europe and Asia without paying any registration fees or benefiting from reduced fees.
Within the scope of summer exchange programs, students can pursue private field courses as well as participate in activities or excursions that introduce the cultures of the countries they visit.
Events and activities at Gedik University:
1. Orientation Programs: It is a mentorship program, which aims to bring together Istanbul Gedik University students with the managers of Gedik Holding Company with the aim of enabling the managers to share their professional and business experiences with Istanbul Gedik University students and prepare them for professional life.
In this program, in the first stage, 20 students will start and the matching of the selected students with the directors in their departments will be verified for only one semester of eachacademic year.
Each official in the program will train a maximum of two students and the student and his supervisor will be able to determine the conditions (such as time, duration, place and subject) and the director will listen to the wishes and expectations of the trainee (student), and guide the student "intern" about the world of business The student will also bedirected in the search for an internship and a part-time job and help the trainee to discover himself and know his abilities and experiences The training time will not be long It is two hours per month after completion From the interviews at the end of the semester an evaluation report is requested from the mentors in order to identify the strengths of the program and aspects that need to be developed in the future.
Online registration at GEDIK University in orientation programs is done through the university's official website.
2. I am active in the community: it is a project concerned with the physical activity of children and young people with disabilities, in cooperation withthe University of Gedik, the municipality of Pendik and the province of Pendik.
3. Women have a word: Gedik Art Company signed with Istanbul Gedik University a project in November 2020 that reveals women's expressions, and women's self-fulfilling leadership and the project was enriched with expert guests in many fields but due to the circumstances of the Covid-19 disease it was not implemented so the works were published on the Gedik Sanat Youtube channel on June 28-29-30.
1. In cooperation between Istanbul Gedik University and Gedik Art University, the first digital piano festival in Turkey was organized between October 21, 2020 and May 5, 2021.
2. İstanbul Gedik University, in cooperation with İdyk for Art, Theater and Music, has created the "Karantina Halleri" project, in which a number of prominent actors from the younger generation, including Özgun Kuban, Ozan Erdonmez, Best Küçak, and Nilay Erdünmez, have created an inspiring and memorable workshop environment for the students of İstanbul Cedek University with their outstanding performances.
3. Radio Gedik: Radio Gedik, the first joint radio station in Turkey, hosts guests known for their success in their field, as Istanbul Gedik University students make their voices and ideas heard through the radio programs they host or direct.
Gedik University Campus:
The main campus of the university is located in the Kartal area in Asian Istanbul, which is characterized by its location in a central area that is easy to access, and it contains the faculties of engineering, economics and administrative sciences, and there is a campus in the Nisantasi area of Istanbul, which contains technical colleges in addition to the continuing education center, this area is characterized by its sophistication and the presence of the latest international brands in it and many malls and commercial centers, and there are two separate campuses in the Pendik area, one of which includes the faculties of health sciences and the other includes faculties There is a final campus in Tuzla that houses foreign language schools, enabling students to continue their education easily and comfortably, and at easily accessible points due to their proximity to the metro, metrobus and Sabiha Gokcen Airport.
Address of the main campus in Kartal region:
Cumhuriyet, İlkbahar Sk. No:1, 34876 Kartal/İstanbul
Address of the University Campus in Nisantasi District:
Harbiye, Teşvikiye Cd. 7 a, 34367 Şişli/İstanbul
Address of the university campus in Pendik area:
Güllü Bağlar, 34906 Pendik/İstanbul
Tuzla Campus Address:
Aydınlı, Karaca Sk. No:5, 34953 Tuzla/İstanbul
Establishment of Gedik University:
Gedik University in Turkey was established by GEDIK Holding in Istanbul in 2010 and believes that economic successes should be integrated with society and directed towards social goals as a necessary need for social development by promoting the reliance on technology in education and practical application and supporting the training of qualified specialists for the business world.
Vision and Mission of Gedik University:
To be an educational and research university that can produce universal values using scientific knowledge with the aim of achieving the safety of man, nature and technology.
Gedik University value:
It seeks to be a global university that makes a difference in the educational system and is keen to educate, support and develop its graduates who will be part of the makers of the future through its experienced and highly qualified faculty members and its focus on sustainable education programs.
Among the most important principles and values from which the university proceeds in its educational journey is commitment to the principles of democracy and law, respect for ethical principles, quality and efficiency of education, innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship, cultural, artistic and social sensitivity, and responsibility towards the environment and nature.
1. Gedik University is one of the strongest scientific research universities with practical application:
Istanbul Gedik University offers the best education in its fields of expertise through its experienced and equipped academic staff so that it ensures that the acquired knowledge of students is put into practice without being only theoretical, and they have experience in fully equipped laboratories as university students have produced projects that have achieved success throughout Turkey, by integrating science with technology and providing practical training.
2. It is characterized by the presence of an experienced faculty: the university trains people who will become specialists in its teaching staff in the future through its current experienced staff who closely follow scientific developments in the world and provide their professional knowledge.
3. The presence of modern infrastructure and scientific laboratories:
The university contains 9 laboratories for various specialization equipped with the latest technologies and advanced equipment that help the student maintain his passion for learningand research.
4. Close cooperation between GEDIK University and the industry and labor sector:
The university is keen to combine its scientific knowledge with the future scientists it has trained with Gedik Holding's 56 years of experience in industry, and work to transform it into an active element that contributes to the economy, and also provides opportunities for its students during the period of education to work in the industrial sector.
5. Effective use of GEDIK Holding laboratories and practical training in its factories: Gedik Holding allows students of GEDIK University to use its laboratories and thus support their academic education and thus benefit from the experience of applied education in the field of industry where they put their theoretical knowledge into practice.
6. Job and Internship Opportunity: Gedik University students have the opportunity to gain work life experience during their studies at the university, by providing internships and job opportunities in Gedik Holding and other sectors, through mentoring programs that give them the opportunity to learn about their talents by acquiring leadership qualities and experience working as a team.
7. The possibility of active participation of students in the university laboratories as 19 research and application centers within the Istanbul University Gedik Authority continue their activities through their unique and pioneering works and with its social, psychological, political, social and scientific studies, which result in different references and opinions in many topics.
8. The university allows outstanding students to study two university majors simultaneously and obtain two university degrees.
9. The university offers all students of the Faculty of Engineering and its vocational schools, in the final year, the opportunity to receive international/European welding engineering training (IWE/EWE) offered by the Gedik Education Foundation at a 60% discount.
10. The opportunity to study abroad as Gedik University is a member of the Erasmus student exchange program and has manyinternational cooperation agreements with many countries around the world, allowing its students to learn about different cultures.
11. Having student clubs and social and cultural activities: Many activities are organized by more than 40 active student clubs at Istanbul Gedik University, where these clubs play an active role in the university life of students by organizing social responsibility projects, training courses, seminars, trips and concerts throughout the year that will raise awareness among students.
12. Participate in activities aimed at integrating community members through social responsibility projects implemented in cooperation with schools, municipalities and cultural centers, allowing students to graduate as individuals with a developed awareness of society.
Gedik University global world ranking of 6610 at the level of international universities and a local ranking of 142 at the level of Turkish universities.
GEDIK University Fees for undergraduate majors range between $ 2500 and $ 3000, while the study fees for master's majors start from $ 2800 and reach $ 10,000 for psychology and the study fees fordoctoral majors are $ 4700, noting that these fees are without reduction.
You can also see the fees schedule for Istanbul Gedik University programs at the bottom of the page.
1. Faculty of Architecture and Design.
2. Faculty of Law.
3. Faculty of Economics, Administrative and Social Sciences.
4. Faculty of Engineering.
5. Faculty of Health Sciences.
6. Faculty of Sports Sciences.
❖ Vocational schools:
1. School of Foreign Languages.
2. School of Vocational Justice.
3. Gedik School.
❖ Institutes: Gedik University has an Institute of Graduate Studies.
In order to apply and gain admission of Gedik University, the following documents must be prepared:
❖ For the undergraduate stage:
1. A certified and translated copy of the High school certificate.
2. A copy of the transcript of the High school certificate translated andaccurate as well.
3. A translated copy of the passport.
4. Personal photo.
5. A certificate of proficiency in the language in which the student wishes to study, whether it is English or Turkish.
You can apply 100% free of charge to Istanbul Gedik University through the electronic application portal on our website.
❖ For postgraduate studies:
In addition to the documents required to register for bachelor's majors, the following are also required:
1. A certified and translated copy of the bachelor's degree and a transcript of the bachelor's degree for master's students.
2. A certified and translated copy of the master's degree and a transcript of the master's degree for doctoral students.
3. Letter of recommendation.
4. Speech of motives.
1. What is Gedik University Ranking ?
Although Gedik University is newly established, it has a global ranking of 6610 at the level of international universities and a local ranking of 142 at the level of Turkish universities.
2. Is Gedik University good?
Gedik University is one of the most important private Turkish universities that are interested in vocational training and provides its students with opportunities for vocational training and part-time work in the Gedik Holding Association and organizes training workshops with the aim of enabling students to gain the practical experience necessary for their professional success.
3. How to register for Gedik University?
It is necessary to prepare the necessary papers for registration, which are a translated copy of the High certificate, a copy of the passport and a personal photo, and then contact us to start the registration procedures directly through the contact numbers shown at the end of the page.
4. What are the conditions for Registration at Gedik University?
It is necessary to prepare a translated copy of the High School certificate and a certificate of proficiency in the language in which the student wishes to study his specialization, and in the event that the student has not yet received the High certificate, he can register using the certificate of the last semester until he receives the High certificate.
5. Where is Gedik University located?
Turkish Gedik University is located in Istanbul, the Asian Side, in Kartal.
6. Is it possible to study in English at Gedik University?
GEDIK University allows its students to study some of its specializations in English for the bachelor's and master's levels, and among these specialization, we mention mechatronics engineering, international relations, international trade and finance, and for the master's degree, several specializations are available with and without a thesis, such as business administration, engineering management, and you can view all available specializations through the following link:
7. Is Istanbul Gedik University recognized?
Gedik University is recognized by the Turkish Higher Education Council (YÖK) and has been recognized by many countries around the world with which it has cooperation agreements.
8. What are Gedik University Fees ?
GEDIK University tuition fees for international students for bachelor programs range between $ 2500 and $ 3000, while for master's majors,tuition fees start from $ 2800 and reach $ 10,000 for psychology majors, and tuition fees for doctoral majors are $ 4700, knowing that the mentioned fees are without reduction.
|fees after discount
|Visual Communication Design
|Interior Architecture and Environmental Design
|Gastronomy and Culinary Arts
|International Trade And Finance
|Political Science and Public Administration
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
|Training of sports coach
|Physical Education and Sports Teaching
|Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
|Nutrition and Dietetics
|Training and sports science