Studying Mechatronics Engineering in Turkey
An overview of the mechatronics engineering major:
The specialty of mechatronics engineering is one of the modern engineering specialties, and it is a specialty in which electronic, mechanical, software, and other engineering merges, as mechatronics engineers ,focus on designing and controlling electromechanical devices, starting from products that we live in our daily lives, such as vending machines, smart devices, ATMs, and others that are used in general manufacturing. And the manufacture of accurate robots used by doctors in surgical operations.
It is one of the fields that dominate industries despite their difference and diversity, and through this specialization machines that achieve high quality and increase production at the lowest costs are created, so it is very difficult to dispense with this science, whether in various institutions or factories.
Mechatronics engineering includes several aspects such as maintenance, design and modernization of machines and control panel , which makes factories and companies prefer to hire mechatronics engineers because they are qualified and able to do more than one job with their mechanical, electronic, electrical and other engineering backgrounds. Advantages of studying mechatronics engineering in general and in Türkiye in particular:
Choosing to study mechatronics engineering is certainly a right choice, especially in Turkey, which includes an educational system that qualifies and trains students during their study years to launch into practical life with the highest efficiency. Especially mechatronics engineering, because it provides solutions to problems and requirements in designing smart and sensitive products, and because of its promising future in practical life and the field that we see in daily life in a large way.
Among the advantages of studying mechatronics engineering in Türkiye are:
- The laboratories and modern devices that meet the needs of students during practical training
- The scientific and research development made by Turkey and its universities in the engineering fields.
- Follow the European system in the study, where the electrical engineering major is integrated with electronic engineering
- Availability of many job opportunities for graduates due to the constant need for mechatronics engineering specialists
- Training, practical application and practice during the study period with theoretical education
- The possibility of studying this specialty in Turkish or English
- Appropriate costs and tuition fees compared to universities in other countries.
- The strong university certificate, which is characterized by being accredited and recognized in most countries of the world
- The low cost of living in Türkiye compared to other countries
- Providing scholarships and university discounts for students
- The high quality of education and the important status of Turkish universities
Duration of studying mechatronics engineering in Türkiye:
You can study mechatronics engineering in Turkey and obtain a bachelor's degree in it within 4 years distributed over 8 semesters, and an additional year may be added as a preparatory year for language study, in the event that the student does not have a language certificate.
Lessons and contents of the mechatronics engineering major in Türkiye:
We will mention to you a number of the main subjects taught in the field of mechatronics engineering, bearing in mind that these subjects may differ from one university to another as their names may differ, and among these subjects:
- Automation and Programmable Logic Controllers
- Strength of Materials
- Power and drive electronics
- Electronics for mechatronics
- Modern and digital control systems
- Robotics systems
- Mechatronics systems
- Automatic control
- Computer applications for mechatronics
- Electrical circuits
- Systems dynamics
- Dynamics and vibrations
- artificial intelligence
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering numerical methods
- Refractory and fluid science
- General Physics
- Practical general physics
- Signal measurements and processing
- General chemistry
- Practical general chemistry
- Principles of Statistics
- Sensors and transducers
- Automation laboratory
- Electrical circuits laboratory
- Dynamics and vibrations laboratory
- Power and drive electronics laboratory
- Electronics Laboratory for Mechatronics
- Processing and microcontrollers laboratory
- Digital Logic Lab
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems laboratory
- Fluid capacity engineering laboratory
- Processing and microcontrollers
- Digital logic
- Material engineering and manufacturing technology
- Machine mechanics
- Fluid capacity engineering
The best Turkish universities that study mechatronics engineering:
• The best private universities to study mechatronics engineering in Türkiye:
- Istanbul Okan University
- Atilim University
- Kadirhas University
- Bilgi University
- Bahçeşehir University
- Istinye University
- Istanbul ayden University
• the public universities that study mechatronics engineering in Türkiye:
- Samsun University
- Kocaeli University
- Celal Bayer University
- Firat University
- Ankara University
- Sakarya University
Costs of studying mechatronics engineering in Türkiye:
It is known that tuition fees vary with the university and its type, but tuition fees in general in Turkish universities are low compared to tuition fees in universities of other countries, and Turkish public universities have low fees compared to tuition fees in Turkish private universities, which are more expensive.
It is worth noting that some universities allow studying this major in English.
- Fees of studying mechatronics engineering in public universities in Türkiye:
Tuition fees for a mechatronics engineering major in public universities in Turkey are estimated at about (450 to 1200) US dollars annually.
- Fees of studying mechatronics engineering in private universities in Türkiye:
Tuition fees for mechatronics engineering in private universities in Turkey are estimated at approximately (3000 to 8000) US dollars annually.
Master's degree in Mechatronics Engineering:
The student can study a master's degree in mechatronics engineering in Turkey in English or in Turkish, depending on the university he chooses to study, and his fees are about (3300 to 9000) dollars annually.
Mechatronics engineer salary:
The wages and salaries of graduates of this specialty start from (8500) Turkish liras to reach approximately (18000) Turkish liras per month, and these salaries depend on the number of years of experience for the engineer and the sector in which he works.
Fields of work in the field of mechatronics engineering:
Graduates of this specialization can work in various jobs and fields, and in government and private institutions, and the students’ chances of obtaining better jobs increase as their practical experience increases and their level of study increases, and among the centers and jobs in which they can work:
- Working in the robotics industry.
- Working in the drone industry.
- Work in smart homes.
- Work in electric cars.
- Work in self-control systems.
- Working in medical technology.
- Work in human-machine interaction.
- Work in air and land vehicles.
- Work in the automotive industry.
- Work in the manufacturing industries.
- Work in software companies.
- Work in aerospace and defense.
- Work in information, media and communications.
- Work in electricity and energy services.
- Working in industrial electronics and consumer products.
- Working in medical mechatronics and medical imaging systems.
- Work in manufacturing and mining.
- Working as an electrical engineer
- Working as a computer engineer
- Working as an electronics engineer
- Work as an industrial engineer
- Working as a mechanical engineer
The required skills that are developed in the study of mechatronics engineering:
Students who want to study mechatronics engineering must have many qualifications and skills that will be refined, enhanced, and added to later, so that the student in this major can succeed in his life on the academic and professional levels in the best way, and among those qualifications and skills:
- Logical thinking skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Innovation and creativity skill
- The ability to simplify complex matters
- Improvement, development and continuous learning skills