Study Architecture in Turkey
Overview of the Architectural Engineering major:
Man has sought since ancient times and since his first existence, to obtain a special place in which to live and find safety, stability and tranquility, so the cave was his first home and safe place on earth, then man took advantage of forest resources such as tree wood and leaves to make houses, and with the passage of time he began to collect species From different soils in order to make building stones in various and different forms, and this development continued with the passage of time until the art of building and housing reached what it is today in terms of a huge development in the methods of construction and reconstruction.
Architectural engineering means drawing buildings and creating plans for buildings and cities in proportion to the land areas and the environment that surrounds them, in addition to paying attention to the intended purpose of that building, whether it is a residential, industrial, commercial, or other building, in order to design the integrated building internally and externally properly and with modern methods that keep pace with modern urbanization, and supports the many goals of construction such as dividing the interior space and exploiting it in the best possible way and determining the appropriate materials for use in the construction process, and the architect, in addition to the design, is also responsible for determining the financial budget required for construction with the management of the building and construction process and the process of connecting water, electricity, sewage and lighting with Pay attention to all potential environmental risks such as hurricanes and earthquakes in the region to avoid accidents and building collapses.
Architectural engineering is one of the disciplines that receives great demand from students due to its importance in our lives, the pleasure of studying it, and the increasing demand for its specialists every year, especially from the women's community.
Advantages of studying architecture in general and in Türkiye in particular:
Due to the importance of architecture in all ages, times and places, universities in the whole world have paid attention to this specialty and have given it great attention, especially the Turkish universities in Turkey, which have many advantages that give them great importance in the architectural fields. The Ottoman Empire, which dazzled the world from ancient times to the present day, with its distinctive urban designs, unique arts, Ottoman motifs and inscriptions that were engraved on urbanization. Turkey has paid great attention to this field because it is part of its urban civilization In the countries of Europe and all over the world with the aim of raising the levels of luxury of residence in their homes.
All of this and more has made Turkey an important study destination for the study of architecture for many foreign and international students, as its architecture programs are distinguished by their scientific development and interest in students, equipping them with sufficient information and qualifying them to launch into the labor market with strength and high efficiency.
Among the advantages of studying architecture in Türkiye, in particular:
- Buildings distinguished by their construction, which reflects the country's interest in architecture
- Qualifying students and equipping them with sufficient knowledge that qualifies them to enter the labor market with high efficiency
- Availability of job opportunities for graduates due to the constant need for architectural engineering specialists
- Linking the theoretical side with the practical side while studying in Turkish universities
- The possibility of studying architecture in Turkish or English
- The costs of studying in Türkiye's universities are lower than the costs in others
- Certificates of Turkish universities recognized internationally and all over the world
- Low-cost living in Türkiye compared to others
- There are many scholarships and scholarships offered by Turkish universities
- The quality of Turkish education and the availability of the best educational staff with high qualifications
Duration of studying architecture in Türkiye:
The number of years of studying architecture in Turkey is 4 years, and the student may study an additional fifth year, which is considered a preparatory year for studying the language if he does not hold a degree in it.
Lessons and contents of the architecture major in Türkiye:
We will mention to you a number of the main subjects taught in the major of architecture, bearing in mind that these courses or their names may differ from one university to another, including:
- Construction management
- Building management
- Engineering systems
- History of architecture
- Arts history
- Structural analysis
- Architectural Design
- Computer design
- Heritage protection
- Acoustics in buildings
- Photonics in buildings
- The difference between architecture and arts
- The difference between the history and theory of architecture
- Architecture art
- Building Law
- Building materials
- Electricals in buildings
- Architectural lighting theory and design
- History of cultures and beliefs.
- Architectural drawing.
- Design techniques and structures.
- Construction resistance.
- Environmentally friendly building design.
- Structural techniques and equipment.
- The senses in architecture: light and sound
- Rehabilitation and protection of ancient buildings.
Among the educational fields covered by the Architectural Engineering major:
- Architecture in general
- civil engineering
- Interior Design
- City planning
- Urban design
- Islamic architecture
- Landscape design
The best Turkish universities studying architecture:
• The best private universities to study architecture in Türkiye:
- Istanbul Eden University
- Ozyegin University
- Medipol University
- Bahçeşehir University
- Okan University
- Yeditepe University
• Among the public universities that study architecture in Türkiye:
- Istanbul Technical University
- Ataturk University
- Gaziantep University
- Middle East Technical University
- Yildiz Technical University
- Kocaeli University
- Mimar Sinan University of Fine Arts
Costs of studying architecture in Türkiye:
Tuition fees in Turkish public universities differ from those in Turkish private universities, as public universities are less expensive than private ones. In general, studying in Turkey's universities, whether private or public, is less expensive and affordable compared to the costs of studying in universities in other countries.
It is worth noting that some public universities allow studying this major in English.
Costs of studying architecture in public universities in Türkiye:
Tuition fees for an architecture major in public universities in Turkey are estimated at about (300 to 1400) US dollars annually.
Costs of studying architecture in private universities in Türkiye:
The tuition fees for the architecture major in private universities in Turkey are estimated at about (3000 to 12500) US dollars annually.
Master's degree in Architectural Engineering:
Students can study a master's degree in architecture in Turkey in English or Turkish, and its fees are estimated at about (3200 to 9000) dollars annually.
Architectural engineering salary:
The salaries of architects start from (9,500) Turkish liras to reach approximately (20,000) Turkish liras per month, and depend on the number of years of experience of the architect and the sector in which he works, whether private or public.
Fields of work in the field of architecture:
Due to the strong connection of the Architectural Engineering major with other disciplines, graduates have opened multiple and diverse job opportunities in a number of fields, and their chances of obtaining better jobs increase with the increase in their practical experience, and among the centers and jobs in which they can work:
Work in engineering offices.
Work as a consultant for architectural sites
Work in the academic field
Opening a private office in architecture and design.
Work in the field of building restoration and support.
- Work as a designer and planner for small or major cities.
- Work in the field of interior design of buildings and the surrounding landscape.
Work as a designer for theaters and exhibitions.
Work in real estate companies.
Working as an engineering project manager.
•The required skills that are developed in the study of architecture:
The Architectural Engineering major requires the availability of many skills, abilities and attributes in the students who choose to study it, which are various skills that fall into different fields such as mathematics, art, architecture and others, which require high capabilities that help the engineer achieve success in his work, and among those skills:
- Creative thinking skills
- Wide imagination and creativity
- Passion for the arts
- Audacity and enthusiasm
- Having creative talents
- Planning skills
- Take responsibility
- Field work ability
- Openness to life and work
- The ability to work in teams
- Attention to fine details
- Possessing a distinguished artistic taste
- Possess technical skills
- Love drawing
- Good knowledge of mathematics, chemistry and physics